Guitar lesson for
Never Be the Same
by Camila Cabello • Lesson #116
PDF not yet available...
I have not yet made a PDF version of this lesson. If you'd like to request that I make one, shoot me an email and please let me know - I am always adding back catalog lessons to my PDF library.
Here's a list of the 150+ lessons I have made PDFs for.
Without a capo, use these chords:
E –––0––––3––––1––––1–––– B –––1––––0––––3––––1–––– G –––0––––0––––2––––2–––– D –––2––––0––––0––––3–––– A –––3––––2––––––––(3)––– E ––––––––3––––––––(1)––– C G Dm F
With a capo on the 5th fret, you can also use these chords. This lets you avoid the F chord.
E –––3––––2––––0––––0–––– B –––0––––3––––1––––1–––– G –––0––––2––––2––––0–––– D –––0––––0––––2––––2–––– A –––2–––––––––0––––3–––– E –––3––––––––––––––––––– G D Am C
Chord progression for entire song
Repeat this for the entire song. Eight counts per chord!
C . . . C . . . G . . . G . . . Dm . . . Dm . . . F . . . F . . .
With a capo on the 5th fret, this becomes:
G . . . G . . . D . . . D . . . Am . . . Am . . . C . . . C . . .
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + D D D U
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + D D D U U D D U D U
Chorus lyrics w/ chords
For context, here’s the chorus with the chords where they belong. See my video lesson for context and a playthrough:
C It's you, babe G And I'm a sucker for the way that you move, babe Dm And I could try to run, but it would be useless, you're to blame F Just one hit of you, I knew I'll never be the same
Let me know if you have questions. I hope this was helpful.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- Banded Clovis by Tyler Childers
Mar 22, 2020 • Lesson #291
- Syncopation & Sus Chords
Mar 20, 2020 • Lesson #289
- Walk-down exercise inspired by the Turnpike Troubadours
Mar 15, 2020 • Lesson #290
- Patience by Guns N' Roses
Mar 12, 2020 • Lesson #288
- 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins (strummy play-along cover)
Feb 29, 2020 • Lesson #287
- Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond (play-along cover)
Feb 28, 2020 • Lesson #286
- 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Feb 22, 2020 • Lesson #285
- Romeo and Julet by Dire Straits (Lesson #284)
Feb 15, 2020
- You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by Righteous Brothers (Lesson #283)
Feb 9, 2020
- Wild World by Cat Stevens (Lesson #282)
Feb 1, 2020
- Memories by Maroon 5 (Lesson #281)
Jan 26, 2020
- "In Dreams"-inspired folksy warmup riff (Lesson #278)
Jan 22, 2020
- Walk Right In by The Rooftop Singers (Lesson #277)
Jan 16, 2020
- Practicing Walk Ups & Walk Downs in G (Lesson #276)
Jan 10, 2020
- My top 12 videos of 2019
Jan 4, 2020
- "Sweet Virginia" (intro) by The Rolling Stones • (Lesson #274)
Dec 29, 2019
- "Sin City" by Gram Parsons (Lesson #272 & 273)
Dec 26, 2019
- 2-string beginner blues riffs (Lesson #271)
Dec 15, 2019
- "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" by CCR (Lesson #269 & 270)
Dec 7, 2019
- "My Favorite Picture of You" by Guy Clark (Lesson #268)
Nov 29, 2019
- 12 ways to modify the A-major chord (Lesson #267)
Nov 23, 2019
- 4 tips for learning Blackbird by The Beatles (Lesson #265)
Nov 5, 2019
- Fingerstyle Walkdown Exercise in C (Lesson #264)
Oct 27, 2019