Guitar lesson for
Never Be the Same
PDF not yet available...
I have not yet made a PDF version of this lesson. If you'd like to request that I make one, shoot me an email and please let me know - I am always adding back catalog lessons to my PDF library.
Here's a list of the 145+ lessons I have made PDFs for.
Without a capo, use these chords:
E –––0––––3––––1––––1–––– B –––1––––0––––3––––1–––– G –––0––––0––––2––––2–––– D –––2––––0––––0––––3–––– A –––3––––2––––––––(3)––– E ––––––––3––––––––(1)––– C G Dm F
With a capo on the 5th fret, you can also use these chords. This lets you avoid the F chord.
E –––3––––2––––0––––0–––– B –––0––––3––––1––––1–––– G –––0––––2––––2––––0–––– D –––0––––0––––2––––2–––– A –––2–––––––––0––––3–––– E –––3––––––––––––––––––– G D Am C
Chord progression for entire song
Repeat this for the entire song. Eight counts per chord!
C . . . C . . . G . . . G . . . Dm . . . Dm . . . F . . . F . . .
With a capo on the 5th fret, this becomes:
G . . . G . . . D . . . D . . . Am . . . Am . . . C . . . C . . .
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + D D D U
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + D D D U U D D U D U
Chorus lyrics w/ chords
For context, here’s the chorus with the chords where they belong. See my video lesson for context and a playthrough:
C It's you, babe G And I'm a sucker for the way that you move, babe Dm And I could try to run, but it would be useless, you're to blame F Just one hit of you, I knew I'll never be the same
Let me know if you have questions. I hope this was helpful.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- 4 tips for learning Blackbird by The Beatles (Lesson #265)
Nov 5, 2019
- Fingerstyle Walkdown Exercise in C (Lesson #264)
Oct 27, 2019
- Gloria by The Lumineers (Lesson #263)
Oct 24, 2019
- I Walk The Line (Intro Riff) by Johnny Cash (Lesson #262)
Oct 19, 2019
- Lookin' Out My Back Door by Creedence Clearwater Revival (Lesson #261)
Oct 12, 2019
- How to read & write strumming patterns (Lesson #260)
Oct 6, 2019
- Riffin' on D-Cadd9-G with "Thank You" and "Can't You See" (Lesson #259)
Sept 21, 2019
- Meditative Fingerpicking (Lesson #258)
Sept 15, 2019
- Latin Bassline Groove (from "Señiorita" by Shawn Mendes & Camilla Cabello) (Lesson #257)
- Plush (acoustic) by Stone Temple Pilots (Lesson #256)
Sept 6, 2019