Guitar lesson for
PDF not yet available...
I have not yet made a PDF version of this lesson. If you'd like to request that I make one, shoot me an email and please let me know - I am always adding back catalog lessons to my PDF library.
Here's a list of the 145+ lessons I have made PDFs for.
How to play the chords
Here’s how I play the chords:
E –––0––––0––––3––––0––––––0––––– B –––2––––0––––0––––3––––––1––––– G –––2––––0––––0––––0––––––0––––– D –––2––––2––––0––––4––––––2––––– A –––0––––2––––2––––5––––––3––––– E ––––––––0––––3––––––––––––––––– A Em G Dsus2 C
For the Dsus2, you have some other options depending on your taste. Pick one to suit you. It looks like she may play the D/A style chord:
E ––––0––––––0–––– B ––––3––––––3–––– G ––––2––––––0–––– D ––––0––––––4–––– A –––––––––––5–––– E –––––––––––5–––– Dsus2 D/A
Most of the song uses this progression:
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + A Em G Dsus2
Sometimes, she’ll swap out the E minor and play a C instead, such as:
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + A C G Dsus2
To keep it very easy, start with all down strums:
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + D D D D
If you want to take it further, add an accent to the “3” count. See my video lesson for reference.
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + D D D D >
Next, if you wish, add alternating up-strums between each down strum. Keep the accent on the 3!
1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + D U D U D U D U >
Thanks for reading! I hope this helped you.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- 4 tips for learning Blackbird by The Beatles (Lesson #265)
Nov 5, 2019
- Fingerstyle Walkdown Exercise in C (Lesson #264)
Oct 27, 2019
- Gloria by The Lumineers (Lesson #263)
Oct 24, 2019
- I Walk The Line (Intro Riff) by Johnny Cash (Lesson #262)
Oct 19, 2019
- Lookin' Out My Back Door by Creedence Clearwater Revival (Lesson #261)
Oct 12, 2019
- How to read & write strumming patterns (Lesson #260)
Oct 6, 2019
- Riffin' on D-Cadd9-G with "Thank You" and "Can't You See" (Lesson #259)
Sept 21, 2019
- Meditative Fingerpicking (Lesson #258)
Sept 15, 2019
- Latin Bassline Groove (from "Señiorita" by Shawn Mendes & Camilla Cabello) (Lesson #257)
- Plush (acoustic) by Stone Temple Pilots (Lesson #256)
Sept 6, 2019