Guitar lesson for
Another Day of Sun
PDF not yet available...
I have not yet made a PDF version of this lesson. If you'd like to request that I make one, shoot me an email and please let me know - I am always adding back catalog lessons to my PDF library.
Here's a list of the 145+ lessons I have made PDFs for.
Capo on 3rd fret
Because playing in the key of Eb is rough on guitar, I prefer to capo the 3rd fret so I can use chords in the key of C.
Pretty straightforward here… I’m pretty certain most of these are correct (if anything, some of the the E-minor chords may be E-major, and vice versa)… but this should be enough to get you started.
INTRO F • • • G • • • Am • • • Em • • • F • • • G • • • C • • • Em • • • VERSE Dm • • • G • • • C • • • A • • • Dm • • • G • • • C • • • Am • • • PRE CHORUS F • • • G • • • Am • • • Em • • • F • • • G • • • C • • • E • • • CHORUS F • • • G • Am • Dm • G • C • • • Am • • • G • • • Am • • • G • • • Am • • • G • • • C • • • E • • •
Instrumental intro riff
Totally optional of course, but I find it fun to play. Repeat this entire sequence twice – the second time, changing from an A-minor to a C-major (in the 3rd of the 4 total chords).
E ––––––––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––3–––––– B –––––––1–1––––––––1–––––|–––––––3–3––––––––––6–––– G –––––2––––––––––2–––––––|–––––4––––––––––4–––––––– D –––3––––––––3–3–––––3–––|–––5––––––––5–5–––––––––– A ––––––––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––––––– E ––––––––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––––––– F G E –––0––––––––0–0–––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––––––– B –––––1––––––––––1–––––––|–––0––––––––0–0–––––––––– G –––––––2–2––––––––2–2–––|–––––0––––––––––0–––––––– D ––––––––––––––––––––––––|–––––––2–2––––––––2–2–––– A ––––––––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––––––– E ––––––––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––––––– Am Em
Lyrics & chords
* Capo 3rd fret INTRO E |–––––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––3–––|–0–––––––0–0–––––––|––––––––––––––––––––|– B |–––––1–1–––––––1–––|–––––3–3–––––––––6–|–––1–––––––––1–––––|–0––––––––0–0–––––––|– G |–––2–––––––––2–––––|–––4–––––––––4–––––|–––––2–2–––––––2–2–|–––0––––––––––0–––––|– D |–3–––––––3–3–––––3–|–5–––––––5–5–––––––|–––––––––––––––––––|–––––2–2––––––––2–2–|– A |–––––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––|– E |–––––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––|– F G Am Em VERSE Dm G I think about that day, I left him at a Greyhound station C A West of Santa Fé... we were seventeen Dm G But he was sweet and it was true, still I did what I C Am Had to do... 'cause I just knew Dm G Summer Sunday nights... we'd sink into our seats, right as they C A Dimmed out all the lights... a Technicolor world made out of Dm G C Music and machine... it called me to be on that screen Am ...And live inside each scene PRE-CHORUS F G Without a nickel to my name... Hopped a bus, here I came Am Em Could be brave or just insane... we'll have to see F G 'Cause maybe in that sleepy town, he'll sit one day, the lights are down C E He'll see my face and think of how he used to know me CHORUS F G Am Climb these hills, I'm reaching for the heights Dm G C And chasing all the lights that shine Am G Am G And when they let you down... you'll get up off the ground Am G C E 'Cause morning rolls around... and it's another day of--- sun [use same chords for each section as shown above] I hear 'em every day, the rhythms in the canyons That'll never fade away... the ballads in the barrooms Left by those who came before... they say "you gotta want it more" So I bang on every door And even when the answer's "no", or when my money's running low The dusty mic and neon glow... are all I need And someday as I sing my song, a small-town kid'll come along That'll be the thing to push him on and go go Climb these hills, I'm reaching for the heights And chasing all the lights that shine And when they let you down... you'll get up off the ground 'Cause morning rolls around... and it's another day of sun
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- 4 tips for learning Blackbird by The Beatles (Lesson #265)
Nov 5, 2019
- Fingerstyle Walkdown Exercise in C (Lesson #264)
Oct 27, 2019
- Gloria by The Lumineers (Lesson #263)
Oct 24, 2019
- I Walk The Line (Intro Riff) by Johnny Cash (Lesson #262)
Oct 19, 2019
- Lookin' Out My Back Door by Creedence Clearwater Revival (Lesson #261)
Oct 12, 2019
- How to read & write strumming patterns (Lesson #260)
Oct 6, 2019
- Riffin' on D-Cadd9-G with "Thank You" and "Can't You See" (Lesson #259)
Sept 21, 2019
- Meditative Fingerpicking (Lesson #258)
Sept 15, 2019
- Latin Bassline Groove (from "Señiorita" by Shawn Mendes & Camilla Cabello) (Lesson #257)
- Plush (acoustic) by Stone Temple Pilots (Lesson #256)
Sept 6, 2019