PDF not yet available...
I have not yet made a PDF version of this lesson. If you'd like to request that I make one, shoot me an email and please let me know - I am always adding back catalog lessons to my PDF library.
Here's a list of the 150+ lessons I have made PDFs for.
E ––(1)––(1)––0–––1–––0–––– B –––1––––3–––1–––3–––2–––– G –––2––––3–––0–––2–––2–––– D –––3––––3–––2–––0–––2–––– A –––3––––1–––3–––––––0–––– E ––(1)–––––––––––––––––––– F Bb C Dm A
Capo to make things easier?
If you want, you can dodge the B-flat and F chords by using a capo (which lets you play along with the album version of this song). I won’t break it down in detail here, but the cheat sheet to do such is this:
I III IV V vi ---------------------- No Capo F A Bb C Dm Capo 1 E G# A B C#m Capo 3 D F# G A Bm Capo 5 C E F G Am
Note, you’ll need to use barre chords one way or another, for the most part.
Intro / verse / pre-chorus:
Bb . . . F . . . C . . . Dm . . . (repeat)
Chorus / post-chorus:
A . Bb . F . C . (repeat)
Use all down strums, ideally accenting every other strum. Throw in a down-up just before every chord change:
DOWN down DOWN down DOWN down DOWN down up DOWN down DOWN down DOWN down DOWN down up DOWN down DOWN down DOWN down DOWN down up etc
Lighting stog after stog, choke on the smoke They tell me to quit, don't listen what I'm told Help me forget that this world is so cold I don't even know what I'm chasin' no more Tell me what I wantjust keep searchin' on It's never enough, cup after cup, blunt after blunt I wouldn't give one if I could find a fuck, ha, ha, ha In the cut and I put that on my momma And my bitch called talkin' 'bout some drama I swear there ain't no time for women on the come up It's either the pussy or the commas Man I just wanna go flex Gold on my teeth and on my neck And I'm stone cold with the flex With my squad and I'm smokin' up a check (repeat) Push the gas, get a motherfuckin' nose bleed She ain't never met a youngin' do it like me She got a man but says she really like me She doin' things to excite me She sending all her friends snaps of my new tracks 'Cause all these hoes know whats about to come next I hit my plug up, got the paper connect I drop a couple bands I just wanna go [ chorus x 1 ] Knowing all of this It just don’t make a difference I’m just talking shit to the ones that will listen I come with the heat man, I swear I’m never missing And I’m still the same and I swear I’m never switching (repeat) [ chorus x 2 ]
Hope that helps!
Let me know if you have questions.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- House of the Rising Sun by The Animals (easy fingerstyle)
Mar 31, 2020 • Lesson #293
- New! Browse my lessons by category, genre, decade, and more
Mar 29, 2020 • Lesson #292
- Banded Clovis by Tyler Childers
Mar 22, 2020 • Lesson #291
- Syncopation & Sus Chords
Mar 20, 2020 • Lesson #289
- Walk-down exercise inspired by the Turnpike Troubadours
Mar 15, 2020 • Lesson #290
- Patience by Guns N' Roses
Mar 12, 2020 • Lesson #288
- 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins (strummy play-along cover)
Feb 29, 2020 • Lesson #287
- Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond (play-along cover)
Feb 28, 2020 • Lesson #286
- 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Feb 22, 2020 • Lesson #285
- Romeo and Julet by Dire Straits (Lesson #284)
Feb 15, 2020
- You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by Righteous Brothers (Lesson #283)
Feb 9, 2020
- Wild World by Cat Stevens (Lesson #282)
Feb 1, 2020
- Memories by Maroon 5 (Lesson #281)
Jan 26, 2020
- "In Dreams"-inspired folksy warmup riff (Lesson #278)
Jan 22, 2020
- Walk Right In by The Rooftop Singers (Lesson #277)
Jan 16, 2020
- Practicing Walk Ups & Walk Downs in G (Lesson #276)
Jan 10, 2020
- My top 12 videos of 2019
Jan 4, 2020
- "Sweet Virginia" (intro) by The Rolling Stones • (Lesson #274)
Dec 29, 2019
- "Sin City" by Gram Parsons (Lesson #272 & 273)
Dec 26, 2019
- 2-string beginner blues riffs (Lesson #271)
Dec 15, 2019
- "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" by CCR (Lesson #269 & 270)
Dec 7, 2019
- "My Favorite Picture of You" by Guy Clark (Lesson #268)
Nov 29, 2019
- 12 ways to modify the A-major chord (Lesson #267)
Nov 23, 2019
- 4 tips for learning Blackbird by The Beatles (Lesson #265)
Nov 5, 2019
- Fingerstyle Walkdown Exercise in C (Lesson #264)
Oct 27, 2019