Guitar lesson for
PDF not yet available...
I have not yet made a PDF version of this lesson. If you'd like to request that I make one, shoot me an email and please let me know - I am always adding back catalog lessons to my PDF library.
Here's a list of the 145+ lessons I have made PDFs for.
Here are the three progressions you’ll need in order to play this entire song. For the verse, note you’ll bounce between the two progressions a few time before moving on to the chorus. See my video lesson for context where I play it through.
"I never came to the beach or stood by the ocean..." G . . . . . C/G . G . . . . . C/G . "I never sat by the shore, under the sun..." Bm . . . C . . . Bm . . . C . . .
"But here I am, next to you, the sky is more blue..." Em . . . Am . . . G . . . Bm . . .
How to play the chords
E |––––3––––3––––2––––0––––0––––0–––– B |––––0––––1––––3––––1––––0––––1–––– G |––––0––––0––––4––––0––––0––––2–––– D |––––0––––2––––4––––2––––2––––2–––– A |––––x––––x––––2––––3––––2––––0–––– E |––––3––––3––––––––––––––0––––––––– G C/G Bm C Em Am
Again, see my video lesson for context on how to put these pieces together. If you have questions, let me know!
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- 4 tips for learning Blackbird by The Beatles (Lesson #265)
Nov 5, 2019
- Fingerstyle Walkdown Exercise in C (Lesson #264)
Oct 27, 2019
- Gloria by The Lumineers (Lesson #263)
Oct 24, 2019
- I Walk The Line (Intro Riff) by Johnny Cash (Lesson #262)
Oct 19, 2019
- Lookin' Out My Back Door by Creedence Clearwater Revival (Lesson #261)
Oct 12, 2019
- How to read & write strumming patterns (Lesson #260)
Oct 6, 2019
- Riffin' on D-Cadd9-G with "Thank You" and "Can't You See" (Lesson #259)
Sept 21, 2019
- Meditative Fingerpicking (Lesson #258)
Sept 15, 2019
- Latin Bassline Groove (from "Señiorita" by Shawn Mendes & Camilla Cabello) (Lesson #257)
- Plush (acoustic) by Stone Temple Pilots (Lesson #256)
Sept 6, 2019