Guitar lesson for
Meet Me In The Hallway
by Harry Styles • Lesson #71
PDF not yet available...
I have not yet made a PDF version of this lesson. If you'd like to request that I make one, shoot me an email and please let me know - I am always adding back catalog lessons to my PDF library.
Here's a list of the 150+ lessons I have made PDFs for.
Notes on my approach to this song
Straight up, this isn’t meant to be 100% accurate to how it’s played on the album. It’s damn close, and these chords will let you play along with the album – but I have no interest in capturing a perfect record of every single note played on every instrument heard on the studio version (there’s too much going on, I’m not good enough, etc). Rather, I want to show you how I enjoy playing this song. If this helps you, fantastic! If you think this is garbage and sacrilege, I emplore you to look elsewhere.
Keeping it super simple here. Again, may not be fully accurate – but you can get it done w/ these chords.
INTRO + VERSE Em . . . Em . . . A . . . A . . . (repeat) CHORUS Em . . . G . . . D . . . A . . . (repeat)
Intro and Verse Riff
Here’s how I play it:
E |–––––0––––––––––|–––––0––––––––––|––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––|– B |–––––0––––––––––|–––––0––––––––––|–––––2––––––––––|–––––––––––––––|– G |–––––0––––––––––|–––––0––––––––––|–––––2––––––––––|–––––––––––––––|– D |–––––2––––––––––|–––––2––––––––––|–––––2–––––––4––|––2––––––2–––––|– A |–––––2––––––––––|–––––2––––––(2)–|––0–––––––––––––|––––––5––––––––|– E |––0–––––––––(2)–|––3–––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––|– Em Em/G A (A)
Here’s how I play it:
E |–––––0––––––––––|–––––0––––––––––|–––––2––––––––––|–––––––––––––––|– B |–––––0––––––––––|–––––0––––––––––|–––––3––––––––––|–––––––––––––––|– G |–––––0––––––––––|–––––0––––––––––|–––––2––––––––2–|–––––––––––––––|– D |–––––2––––––––––|–––––0––––––––––|––0––0––––2–4–––|––4––2–––4–2–0–|– A |–––––2––––––––––|–––––2––––––––––|––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––|– E |––0––0––––––––––|––3––3––––––––––|––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––|– Em G D (A)
Simple Chords w/ Lyrics
INTRO Em .... .... A .... .... VERSE Em A ...Meet me in the hall----way Em A ...Meet me in the hall----way Em A ...I just left your bed---room, give me some morphine Em A ...Is there any more to do? CHORUS Em G ...Just let me know, I'll be at the door D A At the door........ hoping you'll come around Em G ...Just let me know I'll be on the floor D A On the floor....... maybe we'll work it out Em G ...I gotta get better... gotta get better D A ...I gotta get better... gotta get better Em G ...I gotta get better... gotta get better D A (Em) ...And maybe we'll work it out (begin next verse's opening E-minor on final lyric "out")
And so on!
I hope this helped
Let me know if you have questions or comments. Good luck!
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- Banded Clovis by Tyler Childers
Mar 22, 2020 • Lesson #291
- Syncopation & Sus Chords
Mar 20, 2020 • Lesson #289
- Walk-down exercise inspired by the Turnpike Troubadours
Mar 15, 2020 • Lesson #290
- Patience by Guns N' Roses
Mar 12, 2020 • Lesson #288
- 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins (strummy play-along cover)
Feb 29, 2020 • Lesson #287
- Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond (play-along cover)
Feb 28, 2020 • Lesson #286
- 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Feb 22, 2020 • Lesson #285
- Romeo and Julet by Dire Straits (Lesson #284)
Feb 15, 2020
- You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by Righteous Brothers (Lesson #283)
Feb 9, 2020
- Wild World by Cat Stevens (Lesson #282)
Feb 1, 2020
- Memories by Maroon 5 (Lesson #281)
Jan 26, 2020
- "In Dreams"-inspired folksy warmup riff (Lesson #278)
Jan 22, 2020
- Walk Right In by The Rooftop Singers (Lesson #277)
Jan 16, 2020
- Practicing Walk Ups & Walk Downs in G (Lesson #276)
Jan 10, 2020
- My top 12 videos of 2019
Jan 4, 2020
- "Sweet Virginia" (intro) by The Rolling Stones • (Lesson #274)
Dec 29, 2019
- "Sin City" by Gram Parsons (Lesson #272 & 273)
Dec 26, 2019
- 2-string beginner blues riffs (Lesson #271)
Dec 15, 2019
- "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" by CCR (Lesson #269 & 270)
Dec 7, 2019
- "My Favorite Picture of You" by Guy Clark (Lesson #268)
Nov 29, 2019
- 12 ways to modify the A-major chord (Lesson #267)
Nov 23, 2019
- 4 tips for learning Blackbird by The Beatles (Lesson #265)
Nov 5, 2019
- Fingerstyle Walkdown Exercise in C (Lesson #264)
Oct 27, 2019