Guitar lesson for
Capo 4th fret
This is so you can use open standard chord shapes, and not be stuck in barre chord hell.
For the most part, you can use these three chords to play most of the song. Note, the E-minor voicing here is intentionally using only four of the 6 strings. See my video lesson for context here.
E |–––3––––2––––0––– B |–––0––––3––––1––– G |–––0––––2––––0––– D |–––2––––0––––2––– A |–––––––––––––3––– E |––––––––––––––––– Em D C
You’ll also need these chords for other parts of the song:
E |–––0––––2––––0––––2––––0––––3–––– B |–––0––––3––––1––––3––––1––––0–––– G |–––0––––2––––0––––4––––2––––0–––– D |–––2––––0––––2––––4––––2––––0–––– A |–––2–––––––––3––––2––––0––––2–––– E |–––0––––––––––––––––––––––––3–––– Em D C Bm Am G
Lyrics w/ chords
VERSE Em D C C D Em No limit in the sky that I won't fly for you... Em D C C D Em No amount of tears in my eyes that I won't cry for you... PRE-CHORUS (Em) D Em D Em ......With every breath that I take D C D Em I want you to share that air with me D Em D C There's no promise that I won't keep Am D Em I'll climb a mountain, there's none too steep CHORUS G C Am D When it comes to you There’s no crime Bm Em Am C Let’s take both of our souls And intertwine (D) G C Am D When it comes to you Don't be blind Bm Em C D Em C D Em Watch me speak from my heart, When it comes to you, comes to you DROP Em D C ... C D Em Em D C ... C D Em
And so forth – repeat these progressions for each verse / pre-chorus / chorus / drop.
I hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any questions. You may also want to be sure to watch my video lesson, where I explain things in great detail.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- Fingerpicking C-G-Am-F (Vampire Weekend's "Hold You Now")
July 16, 2019
- You've Got a Friend in Me (fingerstyle intro)
July 5, 2019
- Ring finger barre strength exercise
June 26, 2019
- F chord with wrapped thumb (for fingerstyle)
June 21, 2019
- Stairway to Heaven (Interlude) by Led Zeppelin
- Yesterday (full lesson) by The Beatles
June 8, 2019
- An easier way to play F#m (no barre chord required)
June 4, 2019
- Yesterday (cover) by The Beatles
May 27, 2019
- How I change my acoustic guitar strings
May 19, 2019
- "My Old Kentucky Home, Goodnight" (fingerstyle intro) by John Prine
May 17, 2019
- Outlaw fingerstyle warmup ("Sleeping on the Blacktop") by Colter Wall
May 11, 2019
- First Call (horse racing / military bugle wake-up call)
May 4, 2019
- Imagine by John Lennon
May 2, 2019
- Jenny of Oldstones from Game of Thrones
Apr 23, 2019
- Wildflowers by Tom Petty
Apr 20, 2019
- Breezy strumming on E-Bsus4-Asus2 (Warm Up #18)
Apr 18, 2019
- How I composed a fingerstyle guitar arrangement (Practice Log #12)
Monthly email updates
If you want to keep posted of new lessons over email, sign up for my newsletter. I'll email once a month with a digest of all my new videos. I promise: no spam.