Guitar lesson for
Audition (The Fools Who Dream)
Capo 3 “simple” version
D . . A . . G . . Gm . . Bm . . D . . Em . . A7 . .
Em . . A7 . . D . . Dmaj7 . . x4
Bm . . F# . . G . . G . . Bm . . F# . . G . . G . . Em . . A7 . . D . . Dmaj7 . . Em . . A7 . . D . . Dmaj7 . .
D . . D . . B7 . . B7 . . D . . D . . B7 . . B7 . . G . . G . . Gm . . Gm . . D
No capo version
Coming soon! Hint: it’s in the key of F.
Barefoot, she smiled... leapt without looking And tumbled into----- the Seine The water was freezing, she spent a month sneezing But said she would do it again Here's to the ones who dream Foolish as they may seem Here's to the hearts that ache Here's to the mess we make She captured a feeling, sky with no ceiling The sunset inside a frame She lived in her liquor, and died with a flicker I'll always remember the flame Here's to the ones who dream Foolish as they may seem Here's to the hearts that ache Here's to the mess we make She told me... A bit of madness is key To give us new colors to see Who knows where it will lead us? And that's why they need us So bring on the rebels, the ripples from pebbles The painters, and poets, and plays And here's to the fools who dream Crazy as they may seem Here's to the hearts that break Here's to the mess we make I trace it all back to then Her, and the snow, and the Seine Smiling through it She said she'd do it again
Stay tuned for more!
I’ll be updating this lesson in the next few weeks, but in the meantime I hope this helps. Let me know what questions you have! Have a great day.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- How I change my acoustic guitar strings
May 19, 2019
- "My Old Kentucky Home, Goodnight" (fingerstyle intro) by John Prine
May 17, 2019
- Outlaw fingerstyle warmup ("Sleeping on the Blacktop") by Colter Wall
May 11, 2019
- First Call (horse racing / military bugle wake-up call)
May 4, 2019
- Imagine by John Lennon
May 2, 2019
- Jenny of Oldstones from Game of Thrones
Apr 23, 2019
- Wildflowers by Tom Petty
Apr 20, 2019
- Breezy strumming on E-Bsus4-Asus2 (Warm Up #18)
Apr 18, 2019
- How I composed a fingerstyle guitar arrangement (Practice Log #12)
Apr 13, 2019
- If I Had a Boat by Lyle Lovett
Apr 10, 2019
- Triad exercises w/ A, D, & E (Warm Up #17)
Mar 30, 2019
- Travis picking finger technique (Practice Log #11)
Mar 22, 2019
- Let Him Roll by Guy Clark
Mar 17, 2019
- Plush by Stone Temple Pilots
Mar 15, 2019
- Under the Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Mar 9, 2019
- Adding flourish to C-F-G-Am
Mar 7, 2019
- The Gambler by Kenny Rogers
Mar 3, 2019
- Always Remember Us This Way from A Star is Born
Feb 28, 2019
- Cowboy chords & walking bass lines (Warm Up #16)
Feb 23, 2019
- Improv blues guitar in A-minor
Feb 21, 2019
- St James Infirmary Blues
Feb 16, 2019
- Barre chord strength & Smells Like Teen Spirit (Warm Up #15)
Feb 14, 2019
- Faking open chords in key of D w/ major & minor triads (Warm Up #14)
Feb 10, 2019
Monthly email updates
If you want to keep posted of new lessons over email, sign up for my newsletter. I'll email once a month with a digest of all my new videos. I promise: no spam.