Guitar lesson for
Audition (The Fools Who Dream)
Capo 3 “simple” version
D . . A . . G . . Gm . . Bm . . D . . Em . . A7 . .
Em . . A7 . . D . . Dmaj7 . . x4
Bm . . F# . . G . . G . . Bm . . F# . . G . . G . . Em . . A7 . . D . . Dmaj7 . . Em . . A7 . . D . . Dmaj7 . .
D . . D . . B7 . . B7 . . D . . D . . B7 . . B7 . . G . . G . . Gm . . Gm . . D
No capo version
Coming soon! Hint: it’s in the key of F.
Barefoot, she smiled... leapt without looking And tumbled into----- the Seine The water was freezing, she spent a month sneezing But said she would do it again Here's to the ones who dream Foolish as they may seem Here's to the hearts that ache Here's to the mess we make She captured a feeling, sky with no ceiling The sunset inside a frame She lived in her liquor, and died with a flicker I'll always remember the flame Here's to the ones who dream Foolish as they may seem Here's to the hearts that ache Here's to the mess we make She told me... A bit of madness is key To give us new colors to see Who knows where it will lead us? And that's why they need us So bring on the rebels, the ripples from pebbles The painters, and poets, and plays And here's to the fools who dream Crazy as they may seem Here's to the hearts that break Here's to the mess we make I trace it all back to then Her, and the snow, and the Seine Smiling through it She said she'd do it again
Stay tuned for more!
I’ll be updating this lesson in the next few weeks, but in the meantime I hope this helps. Let me know what questions you have! Have a great day.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- Light On by Maggie Rogers
Jan 19, 2019
- Improvised pickin' on The Gambler (Practice Log #8)
Jan 17, 2019
- Faking open chords in key of A
Jan 12, 2019
- My Top Lessons of 2018
Jan 8, 2019
- Heart of Gold by Neil Young
Jan 5, 2019
- Auld Lang Syne (traditional)
Dec 31, 2018
- Faking open chords in key of E
Dec 27, 2018
- Last Christmas by Wham!
Dec 24, 2018
- Please Come Home for Christmas by The Eagles
Dec 17, 2018
- Guitar chords on a ukulele
Dec 13, 2018
- Slap strumming basics (percussive rhythm technique)
Dec 8, 2018
- How to practice with a backing track, feat. Tennessee Whiskey (Practice Log #7)
Dec 1, 2018
- Playing A-major with big fingers or a small fretboard
Nov 27, 2018
- E-major backyard groove (feat. Posters by Jack Johnson)
Nov 21, 2018
- How to play F#m (F sharp minor)
Nov 18, 2018
- Spicing up a 2-chord song feat. Tennessee Whiskey (Practice Log #6)
Nov 15, 2018
- Adding pinky accent notes to a chord progression (Practice Log #5)
Nov 11, 2018
- Adding pentatonic licks w/ strumming in A-minor (Warm Up #9)
Nov 8, 2018
- Maybe It's Time from A Star is Born
Nov 4, 2018
- Palm muting basics
Oct 31, 2018
- "One Horse Town" riffing on A-minor and C (Warm Up #8)
Oct 28, 2018
- Transitioning between Em7 - D/F# - G (Warm Up #7)
Oct 24, 2018
- "Pretty Woman" lick, played 4 ways
Oct 13, 2018
- Shallow by Bradley Cooper & Lady Gaga
Oct 11, 2018
- Mudfootball G-D7 shuffle (Warm Up #6)
Oct 7, 2018
- A-minor murder ballad groove (Warm Up #5)
Oct 2, 2018
- How to play Fadd9
Sept 27, 2018
- Blaze Foley country strumming (Warm Up #4)
Sept 25, 2018
- Acid Tongue by Jenny Lewis
Sept 22, 2018
- "Sultans of Swing" chorus lick (Warm Up #3)
Sept 19, 2018
- Learning how to Travis Pick with "Clay Pigeons"
Sept 13, 2018
- Lady May by Tyler Childers
Sept 7, 2018
Monthly email updates
If you want to keep posted of new lessons over email, sign up for my newsletter. I'll email once a month with a digest of all my new videos. I promise: no spam.