Guitar lesson for
Another Day of Sun
PDF not yet available...
I have not yet made a PDF version of this lesson. If you'd like to request that I make one, shoot me an email and please let me know - I am always adding back catalog lessons to my PDF library.
Here's a list of the 130+ lessons I have made PDFs for.
Capo on 3rd fret
Because playing in the key of Eb is rough on guitar, I prefer to capo the 3rd fret so I can use chords in the key of C.
Pretty straightforward here… I’m pretty certain most of these are correct (if anything, some of the the E-minor chords may be E-major, and vice versa)… but this should be enough to get you started.
INTRO F • • • G • • • Am • • • Em • • • F • • • G • • • C • • • Em • • • VERSE Dm • • • G • • • C • • • A • • • Dm • • • G • • • C • • • Am • • • PRE CHORUS F • • • G • • • Am • • • Em • • • F • • • G • • • C • • • E • • • CHORUS F • • • G • Am • Dm • G • C • • • Am • • • G • • • Am • • • G • • • Am • • • G • • • C • • • E • • •
Instrumental intro riff
Totally optional of course, but I find it fun to play. Repeat this entire sequence twice – the second time, changing from an A-minor to a C-major (in the 3rd of the 4 total chords).
E ––––––––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––3–––––– B –––––––1–1––––––––1–––––|–––––––3–3––––––––––6–––– G –––––2––––––––––2–––––––|–––––4––––––––––4–––––––– D –––3––––––––3–3–––––3–––|–––5––––––––5–5–––––––––– A ––––––––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––––––– E ––––––––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––––––– F G E –––0––––––––0–0–––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––––––– B –––––1––––––––––1–––––––|–––0––––––––0–0–––––––––– G –––––––2–2––––––––2–2–––|–––––0––––––––––0–––––––– D ––––––––––––––––––––––––|–––––––2–2––––––––2–2–––– A ––––––––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––––––– E ––––––––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––––––– Am Em
Lyrics & chords
* Capo 3rd fret INTRO E |–––––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––3–––|–0–––––––0–0–––––––|––––––––––––––––––––|– B |–––––1–1–––––––1–––|–––––3–3–––––––––6–|–––1–––––––––1–––––|–0––––––––0–0–––––––|– G |–––2–––––––––2–––––|–––4–––––––––4–––––|–––––2–2–––––––2–2–|–––0––––––––––0–––––|– D |–3–––––––3–3–––––3–|–5–––––––5–5–––––––|–––––––––––––––––––|–––––2–2––––––––2–2–|– A |–––––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––|– E |–––––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––––––|–––––––––––––––––––|––––––––––––––––––––|– F G Am Em VERSE Dm G I think about that day, I left him at a Greyhound station C A West of Santa Fé... we were seventeen Dm G But he was sweet and it was true, still I did what I C Am Had to do... 'cause I just knew Dm G Summer Sunday nights... we'd sink into our seats, right as they C A Dimmed out all the lights... a Technicolor world made out of Dm G C Music and machine... it called me to be on that screen Am ...And live inside each scene PRE-CHORUS F G Without a nickel to my name... Hopped a bus, here I came Am Em Could be brave or just insane... we'll have to see F G 'Cause maybe in that sleepy town, he'll sit one day, the lights are down C E He'll see my face and think of how he used to know me CHORUS F G Am Climb these hills, I'm reaching for the heights Dm G C And chasing all the lights that shine Am G Am G And when they let you down... you'll get up off the ground Am G C E 'Cause morning rolls around... and it's another day of--- sun [use same chords for each section as shown above] I hear 'em every day, the rhythms in the canyons That'll never fade away... the ballads in the barrooms Left by those who came before... they say "you gotta want it more" So I bang on every door And even when the answer's "no", or when my money's running low The dusty mic and neon glow... are all I need And someday as I sing my song, a small-town kid'll come along That'll be the thing to push him on and go go Climb these hills, I'm reaching for the heights And chasing all the lights that shine And when they let you down... you'll get up off the ground 'Cause morning rolls around... and it's another day of sun
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- I Walk The Line (Intro Riff) by Johnny Cash
Oct 19, 2019
- Lookin' Out My Back Door by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Oct 12, 2019
- Issues by Julia Michaels (PDF)
Oct 9, 2019
- How to read & write strumming patterns
Oct 6, 2019
- Gloria by The Lumineers
Oct 2, 2019
- Creep (PDF) by Radiohead
Sept 23, 2019
- Riffin' on D-Cadd9-G with "Thank You" and "Can't You See"
Sept 21, 2019
- Meditative Fingerpicking (Practice Log #14)
Sept 15, 2019
- Wagon Wheel (PDF) by Old Crow Medicine Show / Darius Rucker
- Latin Bassline Groove (from "Señiorita" by Shawn Mendes & Camilla Cabello)
- Plush (acoustic) by Stone Temple Pilots
Sept 6, 2019
- The Wind by Cat Stevens
Aug 30, 2019
- E Major 4-Finger Warmup Riff
Aug 24, 2019
- Peace of Mind by Tyler Childers
Aug 23, 2019
- Angel Flight by Radney Foster
Aug 17, 2019
- The Year Clayton Delaney Died (PDF) by Tom T. Hall
Aug 16, 2019
- California Dreamin' by Jose Feliciano
Aug 10, 2019
- We Are The Champions (PDF) by Queen
Aug 8, 2019
- 2-finger chords in the key of C
Aug 2, 2019
- On the Road Again (PDF) by Willie Nelson
July 31, 2019
- Surf Rider (from "Pulp Fiction") by The Lively Ones
July 24, 2019
- Fingerpicking C-G-Am-F (Vampire Weekend's "Hold You Now")
July 16, 2019
- You've Got a Friend in Me (fingerstyle intro)
July 5, 2019
- Ring finger barre strength exercise
June 26, 2019