Guitar lesson for
I've Just Seen a Face
by The Beatles • Lesson #298
Here’s my full-song lesson (#298) – I also have a lesson just on the intro riff further down on the page.
Get the PDF chord sheet (6 pages)
- Support me on Patreon.com to get access to this and 200+ other PDF chord sheets I've made, plus new PDFs I make going forward (1-2 added each week).
- The cost is $3/month (one month minimum, cancel anytime). Here's a free sample if you're on the fence. Thanks for supporting me & this project!
After clicking the button and logging in to Patreon, look for the PDF attached to the bottom of the post.
Hey friends! Here’s my lesson for The Beatles classic “I’ve Just Seen a Face” from their album “Help!” (1965). I’ll teach you a no-capo version of this song (key of G), which keeps all chords easy and allows plenty of opportunity to utilize fun walking bass lines throughout the verse. Whether you want beginner-friendly campfire version, or something more advanced & up-tempo matching what The Beatles play – this tutorial has you covered.
Note, I teach the intro to this song in a separate video lesson (#299) – which should be released by May 6, 2020.
Timestamps for my full-song lesson (#298):
- 0:00 Lesson preview & talking
- 1:41 Chord shapes needed
- 2:23 Chord progressions & rhythm
- 4:05 Strumming pattern, simple
- 5:30 Strumming pattern, advanced
- 6:46 Verse walking bass-line tab
- 10:29 Instrumental verse solo tab
- 11:41 Intro riff, crash course
- 13:22 Farewell
Intro riff lesson (#299)
Timestamps for my intro riff lesson:
- 0:00 Lesson overview
- 1:50 Chord shapes & finger positions
- 6:10 Intro chord progression
- 8:55 Intro picking sequence, with tab
- 10:10 Adding accents & dynamics
- 16:57 Fingerstyle or using a pick?
- 19:33 Farewell
My Other Lessons for The Beatles
Looking for other lessons I’ve made for songs by The Beatles? Here you go! I’ve made a PDF chord sheet for each of the video lessons linked below.
Blackbird (4 tips to get started)
Imagine (John Lennon)
Lyrics with chords
See PDF for full version (with chords throughout).
I've just seen a face, I can't forget the time or place Where we just met... she's just the girl for me, and I want all The world to see we've met... hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm mmm mmm Had it been another day, I might have looked the other way And I'd have never been aware, but as it is I'll dream of her tonight... la, la, la, la la la Falling, yes I am falling And she keeps calling..... me back again I have never known the likes of this, I've been alone And I have missed things and kept out of sight, and other girls Were never quite like this... da, da, da, da da da Falling, yes I am falling And she keeps calling..... me back again (instrumental verse / solo) Falling, yes I am falling And she keeps calling..... me back again I've just seen a face, I can't forget the time or place Where we just met... she's just the girl for me, and I want all The world to see her face... hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm mmm mmm Falling, yes I am falling And she keeps calling..... me back again (repeat chorus as desired, end on G)
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd
Oct 23, 2020 • Lesson #65
- Father and Son by Cat Stevens
Oct 18, 2020 • Lesson #333
- Layla by Eric Clapton (acoustic)
Oct 11, 2020 • Lesson #103
- Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton
Oct 9, 2020 • Lesson #331
- Norwegian Wood by The Beatles
Oct 4, 2020 • Lesson #169
- Sultans of Swing (chorus lick) by Dire Straits
Oct 3, 2020 • Lesson #174
- Surrender (acoustic) by Cheap Trick
Sep 27, 2020 • Lesson #330
- Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash
Sep 25, 2020 • Lesson #134
- Welcome to Paradise by Tyler Childers / Green Day
Sep 19, 2020 • Lesson #322
- Betty by Taylor Swift
Sep 17, 2020 • Lesson #321
- Rapid-fire Q&A: Up-strums, tricky rhythms, muting with your thumb, and more
Sep 13, 2020 • Lesson #329
- Old Man by Neil Young
Sep 12, 2020 • Lesson #328
- 2-finger Blues in Drop-D Tuning
Sep 6, 2020 • Lesson #163
- Learning the intro riff to "Old Man" by Neil Young
Sep 5, 2020 • Lesson #326
- Learnin' to Fly by Tom Petty
Aug 29, 2020 • Lesson #108