Guitar lesson for
I've Just Seen a Face
by The Beatles • Lesson #298
Full song lesson (#298)
Intro riff lesson (#299)
Note, the same 6-page PDF chord sheet (linked below) works for both of video lessons shown above.
Print-friendly chord sheet available for Patreon supporters
- Get the PDF here -- after clicking and logging in to Patreon, look for the file attached to the bottom of the post.
Supporting me on Patreon gives you access to the PDF for this as well as 150+ other lessons. One month minimum ($3, cancel anytime) gets you access to everything... here's a free sample. Thanks for supporting me and this project!
Hey friends! Here’s my lesson for The Beatles classic “I’ve Just Seen a Face” from their album “Help!” (1965). I’ll teach you a no-capo version of this song (key of G), which keeps all chords easy and allows plenty of opportunity to utilize fun walking bass lines throughout the verse. Whether you want beginner-friendly campfire version, or something more advanced & up-tempo matching what The Beatles play – this tutorial has you covered.
Note, I teach the intro to this song in a separate video lesson (#299) – which should be released by May 6, 2020.
Timestamps for my full song lesson (#298):
- 0:00 Lesson preview & talking
- 1:41 Chord shapes needed
- 2:23 Chord progressions & rhythm
- 4:05 Strumming pattern, simple
- 5:30 Strumming pattern, advanced
- 6:46 Verse walking bass-line tab
- 10:29 Instrumental verse solo tab
- 11:41 Intro riff, crash course
- 13:22 Farewell
Timestamps for my intro riff lesson (#299):
- 0:00 Lesson overview
- 1:50 Chord shapes & finger positions
- 6:10 Intro chord progression
- 8:55 Intro picking sequence, with tab
- 10:10 Adding accents & dynamics
- 16:57 Fingerstyle or using a pick?
- 19:33 Farewell
My Other Lessons for The Beatles
Looking for other lessons I’ve made for songs by The Beatles? Here you go! I’ve made a PDF chord sheet for each of the video lessons linked below.
Blackbird (4 tips to get started)
Imagine (John Lennon)
Lyrics with chords
See PDF for full version (with chords throughout).
I've just seen a face, I can't forget the time or place Where we just met... she's just the girl for me, and I want all The world to see we've met... hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm mmm mmm Had it been another day, I might have looked the other way And I'd have never been aware, but as it is I'll dream of her tonight... la, la, la, la la la Falling, yes I am falling And she keeps calling..... me back again I have never known the likes of this, I've been alone And I have missed things and kept out of sight, and other girls Were never quite like this... da, da, da, da da da Falling, yes I am falling And she keeps calling..... me back again (instrumental verse / solo) Falling, yes I am falling And she keeps calling..... me back again I've just seen a face, I can't forget the time or place Where we just met... she's just the girl for me, and I want all The world to see her face... hmmm, hmmm, hmmm, hmmm mmm mmm Falling, yes I am falling And she keeps calling..... me back again (repeat chorus as desired, end on G)
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- Sedona by Houndmouth
Aug 9, 2020 • Lesson #313
- 3 ways to strum without a pick
Aug 8, 2020 • Lesson #317
- Summertime by Billy Strings / Doc Watson
Aug 1, 2020 • Lesson #279
- Riffs with Circular Bass Lines
July 25, 2020 • Lesson #314
- Happy Birthday triad exercise (Key of G)
July 23, 2020 • Lesson #312
- 3 ways to silence strings with your left hand
July 18, 2020 • Lesson #311
- Keep the Wolves Away by Uncle Lucius
July 10, 2020 • Lesson #310
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles / Carole King
July 4, 2020 • Lesson #309
- Stand By Me by Ben E. King
June 28, 2020 • Lesson #308
- Mr. Bojangles by Jerry Jeff Walker
June 21, 2020 • Lesson #307
- Willin' by Little Feat
June 13, 2020 • Lesson #306
- My Church by Maren Morris
June 7, 2020 • Lesson #305
- Pull-off Exercise (Key of C)
June 6, 2020 • Lesson #304