Get the PDF chord sheet (2 pages)
- Support me on Patreon.com to get access to this and 200+ other PDF chord sheets I've made, plus new PDFs I make going forward (1-2 added each week).
- The cost is $3/month (one month minimum, cancel anytime). Here's a free sample if you're on the fence. Thanks for supporting me & this project!
After clicking the button and logging in to Patreon, look for the PDF attached to the bottom of the post.
Here’s a guitar lesson for the 2015 song “Sedona” by the band Houndmouth. This is one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums of the past five years (writing this in 2020) – and I cannot recommend you listening to it enough. This song in particular is in E-flat, but we’ll be using a capo on the 3rd fret to allow us to play it in the key of C. The whole song can be played with C-F-G, but by using a few possible approaches for the intro & verse riff, we can add quite a bit of substance and nuance to the song.
Timestamps for my video lesson:
- 0:18 Full playthrough
- 3:46 Capo & basic chord shapes
- 5:57 Chord modifications
- 9:32 Intro riff: basic melody
- 12:04 Intro riff: alternate picking
- 14:41 Strumming the verse & chorus
Video of Houndmouth’s version of this song
Add a capo on 3rd fret to play this song in the key of C, along with my video lesson.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- Welcome to Paradise by Tyler Childers / Green Day
Sep 19, 2020 • Lesson #322
- Betty by Taylor Swift
Sep 17, 2020 • Lesson #321
- Rapid-fire Q&A: Up-strums, tricky rhythms, muting with your thumb, and more
Sep 13, 2020 • Lesson #329
- Old Man by Neil Young
Sep 12, 2020 • Lesson #328
- Learning the intro riff to "Old Man" by Neil Young
Sep 5, 2020 • Lesson #326
- 4 new PDFs: Tyler Childers covering Green Day, Colter Wall, Vincent Neil Emerson, and Taylor Swift
Aug 30, 2020 • Lesson #323
- Silencing strings on the 2-count (percussive technique)
Aug 23, 2020 • Lesson #325
- Patience (play-along cover) by Guns n' Roses
Aug 22, 2020 • Lesson #324
- How to access my library of 200+ PDF chord sheets
Aug 16, 2020 • Lesson #319
- El Paso by Marty Robbins
Aug 15, 2020 • Lesson #315
- Sedona by Houndmouth
Aug 9, 2020 • Lesson #313
- 3 ways to strum without a pick
Aug 8, 2020 • Lesson #317
- Summertime by Billy Strings / Doc Watson
Aug 1, 2020 • Lesson #279
- Riffs with Circular Bass Lines
July 25, 2020 • Lesson #314
- Happy Birthday triad exercise (Key of G)
July 23, 2020 • Lesson #312
- 3 ways to silence strings with your left hand
July 18, 2020 • Lesson #311
- Keep the Wolves Away by Uncle Lucius
July 10, 2020 • Lesson #310
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles / Carole King
July 4, 2020 • Lesson #309
- Stand By Me by Ben E. King
June 28, 2020 • Lesson #308
- Mr. Bojangles by Jerry Jeff Walker
June 21, 2020 • Lesson #307
- Willin' by Little Feat
June 13, 2020 • Lesson #306
- My Church by Maren Morris
June 7, 2020 • Lesson #305
- Pull-off Exercise (Key of C)
June 6, 2020 • Lesson #304