Guitar lesson for
How Far I'll Go
by Alessia Cara • Lesson #34
PDF not yet available...
I have not yet made a PDF version of this lesson. If you'd like to request that I make one, shoot me an email and please let me know - I am always adding back catalog lessons to my PDF library.
Here's a list of the 150+ lessons I have made PDFs for.
Capo 4th fret!
This lets you avoid scary barre chords. If you want to play the song without a capo, it’s in the key of E… transpose everything you see below accordingly.
VERSE "I've been staring at the edge of the water..." C . . . Dm . . . Am . . . F . . . C . . . Dm . . . Am . . . F . . . PRE-CHORUS "Every turn I take, every trail I track..." Am . . . G . . . C . . . Fm . . . CHORUS "See the line where the sky meets the sea..." C . . . G . . . Am . . . F . . . C . . . G . . . Am . . . Fm . . .
Chords with lyrics
(capo 4) C Dm I've been staring at the edge of the water Am F Long as I can remember, never really knowing why C Dm I wish I could be the perfect daughter Am F But I come back to the water, no matter how hard I try Am .....Every turn I take, every trail I track G .....Every path I make, every road leads back C ....To the place I know, where I cannot go Fm ...Where I long to be C G See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me... Am F And no one knows... how far it goes F G If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me Am Fm C One day I'll know, If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go
Totally optional, but this captures the Alessia Cara post-chorus melody. See my video lesson for context.
E —––––0––2––5––0–––– B —–3––3––3––3––2–––– G —–2––2––2––2––2–––– D —–0––0––0––0––2–––– A —–––––––––––––0–––– E —––––––––––––––––––
I hope this helps, and as always let me know if you have any questions.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- 3 ways to strum without a pick
Aug 8, 2020 • Lesson #317
- Summertime by Billy Strings / Doc Watson
Aug 1, 2020 • Lesson #279
- Riffs with Circular Bass Lines
July 25, 2020 • Lesson #314
- Happy Birthday triad exercise (Key of G)
July 23, 2020 • Lesson #312
- 3 ways to silence strings with your left hand
July 18, 2020 • Lesson #311
- Keep the Wolves Away by Uncle Lucius
July 10, 2020 • Lesson #310
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles / Carole King
July 4, 2020 • Lesson #309
- Stand By Me by Ben E. King
June 28, 2020 • Lesson #308
- Mr. Bojangles by Jerry Jeff Walker
June 21, 2020 • Lesson #307
- Willin' by Little Feat
June 13, 2020 • Lesson #306
- My Church by Maren Morris
June 7, 2020 • Lesson #305
- Pull-off Exercise (Key of C)
June 6, 2020 • Lesson #304
- Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (fingerstyle) by Bob Dylan
May 30, 2020 • Lesson #303
- Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (strum version) by Bob Dylan
May 24, 2020 • Lesson #301
- Travis Picking vs. Normal Fingerstyle
May 16, 2020 • Lesson #302
- Which guitar pick I use
May 9, 2020 • Lesson #300
- I've Just Seen a Face (intro riff) by The Beatles
May 8, 2020 • Lesson #299
- I've Just Seen a Face (full song) by The Beatles
May 4, 2020 • Lesson #298
- Country Bass Line Exercise in 6/8 Time
Apr 26, 2020 • Lesson #297
- Under the Milky Way by The Church
Apr 19, 2020 • Lesson #296
- Hello in There (intro riff) by John Prine
Apr 12, 2020 • Lesson #295
- Clay Pigeons by John Prine
Apr 8, 2020 • Lesson #294
- House of the Rising Sun by The Animals (easy fingerstyle)
Mar 31, 2020 • Lesson #293
- New! Browse my lessons by category, genre, decade, and more
Mar 29, 2020 • Lesson #292