PDF not yet available...
I have not yet made a PDF version of this lesson. If you'd like to request that I make one, shoot me an email and please let me know - I am always adding back catalog lessons to my PDF library.
Here's a list of the 150+ lessons I have made PDFs for.
Capo 4th fret
This is so you can use open standard chord shapes, and not be stuck in barre chord hell.
For the most part, you can use these three chords to play most of the song. Note, the E-minor voicing here is intentionally using only four of the 6 strings. See my video lesson for context here.
E |–––3––––2––––0––– B |–––0––––3––––1––– G |–––0––––2––––0––– D |–––2––––0––––2––– A |–––––––––––––3––– E |––––––––––––––––– Em D C
You’ll also need these chords for other parts of the song:
E |–––0––––2––––0––––2––––0––––3–––– B |–––0––––3––––1––––3––––1––––0–––– G |–––0––––2––––0––––4––––2––––0–––– D |–––2––––0––––2––––4––––2––––0–––– A |–––2–––––––––3––––2––––0––––2–––– E |–––0––––––––––––––––––––––––3–––– Em D C Bm Am G
Lyrics w/ chords
VERSE Em D C C D Em No limit in the sky that I won't fly for you... Em D C C D Em No amount of tears in my eyes that I won't cry for you... PRE-CHORUS (Em) D Em D Em ......With every breath that I take D C D Em I want you to share that air with me D Em D C There's no promise that I won't keep Am D Em I'll climb a mountain, there's none too steep CHORUS G C Am D When it comes to you There’s no crime Bm Em Am C Let’s take both of our souls And intertwine (D) G C Am D When it comes to you Don't be blind Bm Em C D Em C D Em Watch me speak from my heart, When it comes to you, comes to you DROP Em D C ... C D Em Em D C ... C D Em
And so forth – repeat these progressions for each verse / pre-chorus / chorus / drop.
I hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any questions. You may also want to be sure to watch my video lesson, where I explain things in great detail.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- Summertime by Billy Strings / Doc Watson
Aug 1, 2020 • Lesson #279
- Riffs with Circular Bass Lines
July 25, 2020 • Lesson #314
- Happy Birthday triad exercise (Key of G)
July 23, 2020 • Lesson #312
- 3 ways to silence strings with your left hand
July 18, 2020 • Lesson #311
- Keep the Wolves Away by Uncle Lucius
July 10, 2020 • Lesson #310
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles / Carole King
July 4, 2020 • Lesson #309
- Stand By Me by Ben E. King
June 28, 2020 • Lesson #308
- Mr. Bojangles by Jerry Jeff Walker
June 21, 2020 • Lesson #307
- Willin' by Little Feat
June 13, 2020 • Lesson #306
- My Church by Maren Morris
June 7, 2020 • Lesson #305
- Pull-off Exercise (Key of C)
June 6, 2020 • Lesson #304
- Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (fingerstyle) by Bob Dylan
May 30, 2020 • Lesson #303
- Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (strum version) by Bob Dylan
May 24, 2020 • Lesson #301
- Travis Picking vs. Normal Fingerstyle
May 16, 2020 • Lesson #302
- Which guitar pick I use
May 9, 2020 • Lesson #300
- I've Just Seen a Face (intro riff) by The Beatles
May 8, 2020 • Lesson #299
- I've Just Seen a Face (full song) by The Beatles
May 4, 2020 • Lesson #298
- Country Bass Line Exercise in 6/8 Time
Apr 26, 2020 • Lesson #297
- Under the Milky Way by The Church
Apr 19, 2020 • Lesson #296
- Hello in There (intro riff) by John Prine
Apr 12, 2020 • Lesson #295
- Clay Pigeons by John Prine
Apr 8, 2020 • Lesson #294
- House of the Rising Sun by The Animals (easy fingerstyle)
Mar 31, 2020 • Lesson #293
- New! Browse my lessons by category, genre, decade, and more
Mar 29, 2020 • Lesson #292