How to manage your Song Notes membership
Membership to my Song Notes project is currently offered through Patreon.com, a platform which helps creators (like me) receive funding directly from their fans (you). All of my instructional PDFs (for non song lessons) are available for download on Patreon... learn how to get them below.
Managing your membership
How to view your Patreon membership details…
- Visit the Manage My Memberships page on Patreon.com (which requires you to sign in). This will list all the creators you are currently supporting. There, click the “Edit” link next to “Song Notes by David Pots” and you’ll see plan details (your current pledge amount, when you’ll be billed next, etc). This is where you can view, modify, or cancel your membership on Patreon.
How to switch from monthly to annual plan…
- Follow the steps above, and click the “Edit” link next to “Song Notes by David Pots”. Then, click the “Annual” plan selector and confirm by clicking the “Update” button.
How to cancel…
- Log in to Patreon.com and go to the Manage My Memberships page using the steps above.
- Click the “Edit” link next to “Song Notes by David Pots”. Then, click the “Edit or Cancel Membership” link under the large button - and confirm your decision when prompted.
- Note, I am unable to cancel for you – Patreon literally doesn’t give creator accounts (what I have) the ability to cancel memberships for individual patrons.
How to get your member perks
Want to search my lessons?
- I recommend using the search page on my official Song Notes website (what you’re reading now), playsongnotes.com! My search features are much more robust than Patreon’s. Each lesson page on my website links either to a Patreon post (where the PDF is attached) OR the Musicnotes page where the song sheet music is for sale.
Want to download my instructional (non-song) PDFs?
- Search my lessons here on playsongnotes.com. When you find a lesson that has a Patreon PDF attached, there will be a big button saying “Get PDF on Patreon” – clicking that will take you to the Patreon post with that PDF attached.
- When you view a lesson page on Patreon, look at the very bottom for the attached PDF (just above the comment section). Click to download that PDF file.
Want the 50% discount code for my licensed sheet music?
- For my full song lessons, the only way to get the sheet music through purchase at Musicnotes.com (no formal relationship to Song Notes – it’s just a coincidentally similar name).
- Patreon supporters get 50% off each purchase, via a discount code I update each month. You can always view the latest code by going to playsongnotes.com/discount.
What’s the difference between Patreon and “Song Notes by David Pots”?
I get it, this can be confusing at first! Here’s how I’d break it down.
About me and Song Notes:
- My name is David Potsiadlo (David Pots), and “Song Notes” is the name of my business/brand/project where I create educational guitar lessons. My official website for this project is playsongnotes.com – which is the best place to search all my lessons.
About membership and Patreon:
For membership, I’m currently using a separate service called Patreon. Lots of other folks like me use it (other guitar teachers, comedians, artists, podcasters, etc). It’s simply a way for fans to directly fund their favorite creators, in exchange for perks and benefits. Note, Patreon is not “my” site, in a technical sense – just like Facebook or YouTube aren’t “my” sites – even though I have a profile page on each of those platforms.
Patreon.com is convenient for me because they handle account management (e.g. emails and passwords), membership levels, and billing. I would love to add these to my site (playsongnotes.com) one day, but recreating all of those myself would take a LOT of time/work/energy/money. For now, Patreon’s service is the best option.
Patreon is also where I post all of my members-only (non-song) PDFs, and the monthly 50%-off discount code for my sheet music. Because Patreon has a sign-in feature, it prevents the public from getting all my premium content for free. But remember, if you want to browse my lessons, I recommend using playsongnotes.com (my site) because it has much better search thatn Patreon… and it will link you out to the Patreon page where each PDF is attached.
If you want to support me, do it through supporting my page on Patreon. That money goes directly to me, and in return you get access for all the cool stuff I make.
If you want to search my lessons, do it through my official Song Notes website: playsongnotes.com. You can easily watch my videos, view lesson details, and get linked out to either Patreon (for instructional PDFs) or Musicnotes (for song sheet music purchasing).
Thanks so much for your support! It makes all of my lessons possible.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
You can also support me on Patreon. For only $3/month you'll get access to a print-friendly PDF of my notes for each lesson.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!