My 12 most popular guitar lessons of 2019
Video rundown of my top 12 lessons
Print-friendly chord sheet available for Patreon supporters
- Get the PDF here -- after clicking and logging in to Patreon, look for the file attached to the bottom of the post.
Supporting me on Patreon gives you access to the PDF for this as well as 150+ other lessons. One month minimum ($3, cancel anytime) gets you access to everything... here's a free sample. Thanks for supporting me and this project!
Hey there my friends! Out of the 74 lessons I posted last year (2019), here’s a quick rundown of the 12 most popular based on YouTube likes. Be sure to check out my website playsongnotes.com to find all these full videos and the matching PDF chord sheets to accompany each video.
You’re now able to search by lesson number on my website, which is a helpful way to quickly track down any of these videos. Links to each song are below. Enjoy, and thanks so much for all the support you all continue to provide!
Top 12 lessons, by name
Counting down from 12 to 1 (the most popular), here’s the lessons. These are based on YouTube Likes. Likes correlate fairly closely with the view count, if you’re curious.
- Colter Wall’s Sleeping on the Blacktop intro riff
- Adding fills to the Wild Horses intro
- Fingerstyle Walkdown Exercise (Key of C)
- California Dreamin’ by Jose Feliciano (from “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”)
- D-Cadd9-G riffin’ on “Thank You” and “Can’t You See”
- Cowboy chords & walking bass lines
- Acoustic triad exercises using A, D, & E
- Adding flair to the C, G, Am & F chords
- St. James Infirmary Blues
- “I Walk The Line” (intro riff) by Johnny Cash
- “Surf Rider” by The Lively Ones
- “Heart of Gold” by Neil Young
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins
Feb 22, 2020 • Lesson #285
- Romeo and Julet by Dire Straits (Lesson #284)
Feb 15, 2020
- You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by Righteous Brothers (Lesson #283)
Feb 9, 2020
- Wild World by Cat Stevens (Lesson #282)
Feb 1, 2020
- Memories by Maroon 5 (Lesson #281)
Jan 26, 2020
- "In Dreams"-inspired folksy warmup riff (Lesson #278)
Jan 22, 2020
- Walk Right In by The Rooftop Singers (Lesson #277)
Jan 16, 2020
- Practicing Walk Ups & Walk Downs in G (Lesson #276)
Jan 10, 2020
- My top 12 videos of 2019
Jan 4, 2020
- "Sweet Virginia" (intro) by The Rolling Stones • (Lesson #274)
Dec 29, 2019
- "Sin City" by Gram Parsons (Lesson #272 & 273)
Dec 26, 2019
- 2-string beginner blues riffs (Lesson #271)
Dec 15, 2019
- "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" by CCR (Lesson #269 & 270)
Dec 7, 2019
- "My Favorite Picture of You" by Guy Clark (Lesson #268)
Nov 29, 2019
- 12 ways to modify the A-major chord (Lesson #267)
Nov 23, 2019
- 4 tips for learning Blackbird by The Beatles (Lesson #265)
Nov 5, 2019
- Fingerstyle Walkdown Exercise in C (Lesson #264)
Oct 27, 2019