Guitar lesson for
by Luis Fonsi • Lesson #78
PDF not yet available...
I have not yet made a PDF version of this lesson. If you'd like to request that I make one, shoot me an email and please let me know - I am always adding back catalog lessons to my PDF library.
Here's a list of the 150+ lessons I have made PDFs for.
One 4-chord progression for the entire song!
This entire song uses a single 4-chord progression, repeating over and over. This makes things super simple to memorize, since you don’t need to remember something different for the verse vs. chorus vs. intro, etc. A choice you’ll have to make is whether or not you use a capo. If you don’t use a capo, you’ll need to play one barre chord (B minor). You could use a capo on the 2nd or 7th fret – the latter allowing you to play the progression using no capo. This can be handy if you don’t know barre chords yet.
Chord progression used if you use no capo:
Bm . . . G . . . D . . . A . . .
Chord progression used if you use capo on 2nd fret:
Am . . . F . . . C . . . G . . .
Chord progression used if you use capo on 7th fret:
Em . . . C . . . G . . . D . . .
Chords w/ no capo
E –––2–––3–––2–––0–––– B –––3–––0–––3–––2–––– G –––4–––0–––2–––2–––– D –––4–––0–––0–––2–––– A –––2–––2–––––––0–––– E –––––––3–––––––––––– Bm G D A
Chords w/ capo on 2nd fret
E –––0–––1–––0–––3–––– B –––1–––1–––1–––0–––– G –––2–––2–––0–––0–––– D –––2–––3–––2–––0–––– A –––0–––3–––3–––2–––– E –––––––1–––––––3–––– Am F C G
Chords w/ capo on 7th fret
E –––0–––0–––3–––2–––– B –––0–––1–––0–––3–––– G –––0–––0–––0–––2–––– D –––2–––2–––0–––0–––– A –––2–––3–––2–––––––– E –––0–––––––3–––––––– Em C G D
To be honest, this isn’t something I’ve been able to learn – it certainly requires a level of skill that’s in the intermediate/advanced range when it comes to fret pull-offs. To be honest, this isn’t something I’m too great at! Best of luck working it out though – check YouTube, because there are definitely some good tutorials out there.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions, comments, or feedback.
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- Summertime by Billy Strings / Doc Watson
Aug 1, 2020 • Lesson #279
- Riffs with Circular Bass Lines
July 25, 2020 • Lesson #314
- Happy Birthday triad exercise (Key of G)
July 23, 2020 • Lesson #312
- 3 ways to silence strings with your left hand
July 18, 2020 • Lesson #311
- Keep the Wolves Away by Uncle Lucius
July 10, 2020 • Lesson #310
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles / Carole King
July 4, 2020 • Lesson #309
- Stand By Me by Ben E. King
June 28, 2020 • Lesson #308
- Mr. Bojangles by Jerry Jeff Walker
June 21, 2020 • Lesson #307
- Willin' by Little Feat
June 13, 2020 • Lesson #306
- My Church by Maren Morris
June 7, 2020 • Lesson #305
- Pull-off Exercise (Key of C)
June 6, 2020 • Lesson #304
- Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (fingerstyle) by Bob Dylan
May 30, 2020 • Lesson #303
- Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (strum version) by Bob Dylan
May 24, 2020 • Lesson #301
- Travis Picking vs. Normal Fingerstyle
May 16, 2020 • Lesson #302
- Which guitar pick I use
May 9, 2020 • Lesson #300
- I've Just Seen a Face (intro riff) by The Beatles
May 8, 2020 • Lesson #299
- I've Just Seen a Face (full song) by The Beatles
May 4, 2020 • Lesson #298
- Country Bass Line Exercise in 6/8 Time
Apr 26, 2020 • Lesson #297
- Under the Milky Way by The Church
Apr 19, 2020 • Lesson #296
- Hello in There (intro riff) by John Prine
Apr 12, 2020 • Lesson #295
- Clay Pigeons by John Prine
Apr 8, 2020 • Lesson #294
- House of the Rising Sun by The Animals (easy fingerstyle)
Mar 31, 2020 • Lesson #293
- New! Browse my lessons by category, genre, decade, and more
Mar 29, 2020 • Lesson #292