Guitar lesson for
Saskatchewan in 1881
by Colter Wall • Lesson #318
I haven’t made one yet – but here’s a preview of the PDF I made for this song. Note, my PDF is for a strummed verison of this song – i.e., it gives you all the chords you need to play along with Colter. It doesn’t have the fingerstyle tabs, as I haven’t worked that out yet. I’d suggest this lesson if you want to learn it fingerstyle, like Colter plays it.
Get the PDF chord sheet (1 page)
- Support me on Patreon.com to get access to this and 200+ other PDF chord sheets I've made, plus new PDFs I make going forward (1-2 added each week).
- The cost is $3/month (one month minimum, cancel anytime). Here's a free sample if you're on the fence. Thanks for supporting me & this project!
After clicking the button and logging in to Patreon, look for the PDF attached to the bottom of the post.
Colter Wall playing this song
Live version (so you can watch him play fingerstyle):
Audio of me playing this song
Note, this is from a “strummed” version of the song – so far I haven’t mastered Colter’s fingerstyle, so the strum version will have to do.
Lyrics and chords
INTRO | C | C | C | C7 | | F | F | F | C (C/B) | | G | G7 | C | C | VERSE C C C C7 Mr. Toronto man... go away from my door F F F C C You got my wheat and Canola seed... and you're asking me for more G G7 C C Better fly 'fore I... produce my forty-four C C C C7 I'm just a prairie boy... never meant none no harm F F F C C Spend my day... makin' wages... out on the Martin's farm G G7 C C No eastern boy... is gonna twist my arm [ INSTRUMENTAL VERSE ] C C C C7 It's so damn cold out here... wind will cut you half in two F F F C C I ain't kidding now... my old plow is frozen to my mule G G7 C C I've been livin' on... ice cold rainbow stew C C C C7 Don't be pickin' fights... with no Mennonites F F F C C Don't be raisin' Cain, while they're plantin' grain, and workin' through the night G G7 C C Gonna let you know... if you ain't acting right [ INSTRUMENTAL VERSE ] C C C C7 So, Mr. Toronto man... go away from my door F F F C C You got my wheat and Canola seed... and you're asking me for more G G7 C C Better fly 'fore I... produce my forty-four G G7 C C [ end on final C ] Better fly 'fore I... produce my forty-four
Enjoy my lessons? Buy me a beer!
If this and my other lessons have proven helpful to you, please consider making a one-time donation to my tip jar. Contributions of any amount help make this project possible (including the many, many hours I put into it).
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Be sure to never miss a lesson by subscribing on YouTube. I put out 2-3 new videos every week. These include full song lessons, as well as covers, practice tips, behind-the-scenes updates. Thanks!
Recent video lessons:
📝 Print-friendly PDFs now available for all new lessons I make, including all those listed below. Get a free sample »
- Welcome to Paradise by Tyler Childers / Green Day
Sep 19, 2020 • Lesson #322
- Betty by Taylor Swift
Sep 17, 2020 • Lesson #321
- Rapid-fire Q&A: Up-strums, tricky rhythms, muting with your thumb, and more
Sep 13, 2020 • Lesson #329
- Old Man by Neil Young
Sep 12, 2020 • Lesson #328
- Learning the intro riff to "Old Man" by Neil Young
Sep 5, 2020 • Lesson #326
- 4 new PDFs: Tyler Childers covering Green Day, Colter Wall, Vincent Neil Emerson, and Taylor Swift
Aug 30, 2020 • Lesson #323
- Silencing strings on the 2-count (percussive technique)
Aug 23, 2020 • Lesson #325
- Patience (play-along cover) by Guns n' Roses
Aug 22, 2020 • Lesson #324
- How to access my library of 200+ PDF chord sheets
Aug 16, 2020 • Lesson #319
- El Paso by Marty Robbins
Aug 15, 2020 • Lesson #315
- Sedona by Houndmouth
Aug 9, 2020 • Lesson #313
- 3 ways to strum without a pick
Aug 8, 2020 • Lesson #317
- Summertime by Billy Strings / Doc Watson
Aug 1, 2020 • Lesson #279
- Riffs with Circular Bass Lines
July 25, 2020 • Lesson #314
- Happy Birthday triad exercise (Key of G)
July 23, 2020 • Lesson #312
- 3 ways to silence strings with your left hand
July 18, 2020 • Lesson #311
- Keep the Wolves Away by Uncle Lucius
July 10, 2020 • Lesson #310
- Will You Love Me Tomorrow by The Shirelles / Carole King
July 4, 2020 • Lesson #309
- Stand By Me by Ben E. King
June 28, 2020 • Lesson #308
- Mr. Bojangles by Jerry Jeff Walker
June 21, 2020 • Lesson #307
- Willin' by Little Feat
June 13, 2020 • Lesson #306
- My Church by Maren Morris
June 7, 2020 • Lesson #305
- Pull-off Exercise (Key of C)
June 6, 2020 • Lesson #304